Required Class Loads & Courses
All students are required to enroll in five (5) courses plus Intervention & Enrichment each trimester. Exceptions may be granted for the following reasons:
- Married or parenting students are required to enroll in enough classes to progress normally toward graduation.
- Students who have spent four years in high school and have not completed graduation requirements.
- Students wishing to enroll with a combination of public and private school classes must be enrolled in the combination full time (5 units of credit per trimester) unless one of the exceptions in this section applies. Verification of private school attendance is required. Proof of skills and knowledge and a transcript are required prior to enrollment in any class where a prerequisite exists.
- Co-curricular classes that require interscholastic competition are not advised for students enrolling in fewer than five units of credit during a trimester because the inability to compete may affect the student’s grade in the class.
- Only full-time students are eligible for school honors, including honor roll, class ranking and district scholarships.
- Membership or participation in extracurricular clubs or organizations requires enrollment in Intervention & Enrichment (I&E).
- Part-time students are not guaranteed enrollment during certain time slots or with particular instructors. Enrollment will be based on class section loads and personnel, equipment and availability of materials.
EHS administration has the final authority on all enrollment issues. Any request for an exception to enrolling in five (8) courses per trimester plus Intervention & Enrichment must be made to the principal.