Advanced Placement and Dual Credit Course Offerings 

Advanced Placement Course Offerings

Advanced Placement Options

Students also have the opportunity to enroll in Advanced Placement and honors courses After completing an AP course, students have the option to take an AP test to earn college credit. Students must pay a fee for the test. More information about Advanced Placement is available at this link, Advanced Placement Options, on the College Board website (

The EHS Student Handbook also provides more information about graduation requirements, enrollment options, opportunities for academic advancements, weighted courses and academic honors (pages 21-27).

Students and parents also will find information about academic advancement programs in Kansas including the Kansas Scholars Curriculum on the Kansas Board of Regents website (

 At the end of each EHS AP class, students have the option of taking the College Board Final Exam.   Test scores range from 1-5.  The receiving college determines if the student’s score is acceptable for their college program.  The receiving college determines the class title and number of credits awarded.  Students are encouraged to check with the college they plan to attend for AP test acceptance, required score, class name and number credits to be awarded.  

Reduced test fees are available for qualifying students.


Dual Credit Course Offerings

Opportunities for Dual Credit Enrollment

Students wishing to enroll concurrently in college classes may do so, providing they meet regular high school graduation requirements during the normal year. A list of courses available for dual credit is shown below. 

Online or on-site classes are available through Flint Hills Technical College, Emporia State University, Allen Community College and other schools. Students who take a college course and want dual credit must talk with their counselor and should verify transferability of the credit to the post-secondary institutions. Students are required to pay the tuition for the college course to the post-secondary institution.

The dual scale is:

5 college hours = 1 high school credit
4 college hours = 3/4 high school credit
3 college hours = 1/2 high school credit

Students should contact the admissions offices at the appropriate post-secondary institution to determine the steps necessary to enroll in a class for college credit.

Allen County Community College

Flint Hills Technical College

Emporia State University